Since I missed out on a all the Thanksgiving fun this year I wanted to share a few things that I'm thankful for:
1. My family. I have a loving and patient wife without whom I couldn't hold this all together. Two smart, hilarious kids who aware always finding new ways to surprise and impress me
2. Having a job that allows me to provide for that family. We might not always be able to get everything we want but we always have the things we need
3. Access to good healthcare. Sure I wish I didn't need to use it as much as I do and I'll always complain about the cost, but I am so glad that I live where I will never have to worry about getting in to see a doctor or if I will have access to my next dose of medicine.
4. Dr. Banting. Without his research I wouldn't be around to be thankful for anything
5. The DOC. And Wednesday night DSMA chats. There is always someone there for support and every Wednesday I finish up feeling better than when I started.