Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Birthday again!

Yesterday, just two weeks after her brother turned 5, Hadley had her 2nd birthday (that was going to say celebrated her birthday but then I realized we aren't celebrating until tomorrow). I have feeling that some day this two week stretch is going to be difficult and depressing for their mother.  Watching a first child grow up and reach all the milestones was such an awesome experience and feel so blessed to be able to do it a second time.  Blessed and exhausted, but mostly blessed.  My experience with Hadley has been quite different than the first time because I have a little experience behind me and because she is so different.  I love the way she can entertain herself and I get as much enjoyment out of watching her do her thing as she gets out of doing it.  She melts my heart every time she runs to me and wraps her arms around my neck and puts her head on my shoulder.  I'm not sure how a 2 year old does it but somehow she knows exactly what mornings I need a pick me up the most and those are the mornings she gives me the biggest smile when I walk through the door.  There are days when I just don't think I can handle another second.  But those moments are quickly replaced with joy because my family makes me extremely happy.  Hadley has such a happy soul and I can tell already that she is going to take great joy in spreading that happiness around.  She does it so well already.  I can't wait to see the changes that come and to see her grow up, as long as that stops at 12 because she is not allowed to be a teenager or date.  Sorry, Badley, Dad's rules

No comments:

Post a Comment