Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Broken

I love my Dexcom CGM.  There is no way around that.  There is just one problem.  That little sensor attached to my stomach has become another reminder.  Everytime I lift my shirt and look down I see the sensor, I see the bruises from the injections, and I remember that I will be in this same routine for the rest of my life.  And it is depressing.  I keep a pretty positive outlook most of the time.  I love the opportunities I get to educate others about the disease.  I few days ago I got to show of my CGM to some co-workers and excitedly tell them the ins and outs and how it is a great tool to spot trends and tweak insulin dosage.  I totally geeked out on them.  I also got to express my passion and some of the startling numbers about diabetes to a group of workers while I tried to rally support for this years Community Walk.  Times like that make me realize that this disease has had it's blessings come with it.  I feel hopeful and love that I have this part of me that fuels a passion to spread the word and help others.  And then I look down... 

No comments:

Post a Comment