Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pic-a-day 3: Snack

I should post a picture today that makes me look like a good, healthy eater.  But I am all out of peas (I really do eat a lot of peas) so you get this instead
I am a sucker for ice cream.  When I first received my diagnosis of type 2 diabetes it was one of the hardest things to give up.  I tried several low carb varieties and just couldn't get past the taste.  The Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom flavors, however, are delicious.  I slowly got back into a more controlled habit of ice cream again and after I got my new diagnosis of type 1 and could regulate it with insulin I felt a little better about it.  I never really was able to see the effect it had on me until I got my Dexcom and found it didn't lead to big spikes and my body handles it pretty well.  Yay me!  If I feel so inclined I can even eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's (which I have been known to do) and have no issues as long as I time the insulin right.  You know, for those times when I run out of peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment