Sunday, May 17, 2015

DBW- Continuing Connections

This is my post for Day 7 of DBlog Week.  Interested in more?  Check it out here.

"The very first inspiration for Diabetes Blog Week was to help connect our blogging community, and that continues to be the most important reason it's held every year.  So let's help foster and continue those connections as we wrap up another Dblog Week.  Share a link to a new blog you've found or a new friend you've made.  Or pick a random blog off of the Participant's List, check it out and share it with us.  Let's take some time today to make new friends."

I have to admit that I have not done a great job of reading others posts for Diabetes Blog Week.  There A LOT of posts and I sit down with the intention of reading through them but always seem to get pulled away.  After all I still have a real person life on top of diabetes (weird right?) that requires me to take care of things as a parent, spouse, employee, employer, and human being (you know, eating and stuff).  I have given up on emptying my Feedly reading list for the next several month and have just been going through the topic list for each day.  I love seeing all the different perspectives and  I have read several posts and a lot from blogs I have never read before though.   And one of those was Kim at Confessions of a Deniabetic.  The first post of hers I read was for Day 2- Keep It To Yourself and it resonated with me on a huge level.  Kim is new to blogging but definitely not to diabetes and she started her blog for many of the same reasons that I did.  To help deal with a lot of the feelings that diabetes brings up.  I find so much of what she says very relate able.  I look forward to reading what she has to share.

Want to see what blogs everyone else loved?  Check out all the other posts for Continuing Connections!

That ends Diabetes Blog Week 2016 for me!  I officially survived my 2nd one, and I actually managed to get a post up 7 days in a row.  I think that's a record!  Thanks for reading everyone and thanks to all of the bloggers who participated for posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment