Thursday, May 15, 2014

DBlog Week Thursday: Mantra's and More

What brings me back up when diabetes brings me down?  This is a hard one for me.  Yesterday's post was easy because I've been fighting some demons lately.  Getting back up is something I've not done a particularly good job at.  The best I can do is remind myself that the feelings are temporary and that things will get better.  Or really that things are already better than I think.  It helps to do something different, spend some times with the kids or go for a run.  Sometimes I try to write and sometimes I just veg out and play some video games.  I think the biggest thing for me is to remember that I can get through it and to distract myself from the things that are stressing me out.

There are times however when the feelings are clingy, like that low you just can't get rid of.  Those are the times when I have to step back and let my numbers slide a little.  Sometimes I just turn on the Dexcom for a few hours or for the day, or if it's time to replace the sensor I'll leave it out for a couple of days.  Having the constant information is so useful 99% of the time.  But there is that 1% that it is just overwhelming, serving as a reminder that I will have to do this forever.  There isn't really a go to pick me up I guess.  It varies.  Sometimes it's as easy as escaping into the virtual world, and sometimes it requires a short vacation from the constant information flow and reminders.  However I do it, I think the most important thing is remembering that it will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment